Saturday, June 20, 2009

It's been almost a year?

Ugh. Where does the time go? I can't believe I haven't posted here in almost a year! It's not because I haven't had a lot to say, or that things aren't happening, it's just life. It tends to get in the way of all my really great plans. I don't know how it happens, but, there it is. What can I do?

We are at a real interesting time in our homeschool. Alicia is between 9th and 10th grade, Bailey is between 7th and 8th grade, and Christopher is plugging away in 5th grade in most subjects, but, is flying through 7th grade math. How do I keep up? I don't really know!

Right now I'm learning Chemistry, Latin, and Geometry. I'm reading classic literature I either haven't read before, or I haven't read in a long, long time. I'm re-learning Algebra and Physical Science. I'm putting together a science curriculum for a little boy who is super-science and math oriented. I'm making transcripts for kids who already know where they want to go to college, which helps a lot because then I can make sure we are hitting the things that need to be done for admissions. I can't believe I'm thinking about college, but, here it is, staring me in the face. My babies will be leaving before I know it and then what?

I often talk to friends who worry about what will happen to me when I face the empty nest. It seems that they are concerned that I will just be lost. Like all I am is a mom and a home schooler and what will I do when that is through?

Well, I have a few ideas! Will I be sad? Yup! Will I be a little lonely for my kids? Absolutely! But, I still have all the goals and dreams I had before I had kids. God-willing, I will still be a wife to a really terrific husband! I will be able to pursue things that I have a passion for. I am passionate about so much and I am so blessed that right now I am purusuing one of those passions--raising and discipling my kids! I have a sneaking suspicion that motherhood doesn't end the minute they reach 18. I still talk to my mom and ask her advice about things. I know that our relationship will change, but, I'm looking forward to seeing the people they are becoming come to life! It will be a blessing!!!

So, I'm growing, changing, and experiencing so many new things right now. And, if I'm lucky, I'll never stop.

No comments: